Sunday, June 17, 2007

Wake Up!

Wake Up!


Wake Up! magnify

In the Name of AllaaHu, the Sweetness of Love, the Glory of Love


Wake Up!

O Beloved,
In this cloudless heaven of feelings,
My tears, breath, and heart beat
Are all I have as proof of this Love,
The very greatest test a soul could be put into.

Like the silent singing of the stars and the moon
And the babbling of the rivulets and the wind,
Upon You alone,
O Love,
Does my soul repose with undistracted enjoyment.

Seasons are beautiful everywhere,
But they are indeed most beautiful in this Majnun's heart,
Whose bosom is Your bosom,
O Beloved.

Majnun, O Majnun,
You are but a solitude of the calm water
Between the mountains of the Beloved,
Wounded by Love's longing for itself,
Trembling before the breeze of Hu's unveiling.

Dani, O Dani,
Thoughts have flown rather clumsily,
Words have been penned for the world to see,
And blood is tearing down from your intoxicated mental veins,
Yet who would devour this reality of yours?

Just open yourself to the Daybreak,
O Madman,
So wickedly in Love!
And go pass yourself singing to the great Sea
O little stream of joy!

But, O wine cup of exceeding sweetness,
How does one express the secrets
Buried in one's soul
Only with the sounds of yesterdays?

Just let them, O let them
Burn in passion and wake up!

Just let them, O let them
Flutter and fill Love's space and wake up!

Just let them, O let them
Drink the Infinite Sea and wake up!

I have now travelled past
All reefs in the infernal ocean of self-pride
Filled with pangs of separation
With a broken mast and a torn sail.

Yet it is this overspreading pain
That deepens into love and desires,
Into sufferings and joy in human hearts.
And it is this that ever melts and flows in songs
In a lonely traveler's heart.

O Majnun,
You are indeed the one who is inspired and blinded
By Beauty and Mystery.

No, do not condemn the faces
That aren't yours yet,
O quarelsome souls!

There were times when I did not keep myself in readiness for You,
O Beloved,
And entering my heart, You did give me a sense of eternity
Upon many a fleeting moments of my life as if We were ages old.
Indeed We are, and so much more!
And there I found my sweet notes lain scattered in the dust
Mixed with the memory of the joy and sorrow of my trivial days forgotten.

Never a soul in the world would know of my journey to no country and to no end.
I have seen the Infinite Ocean that the Beloved is and heard Hu's music.

In that Shoreless Ocean,
In your silently listening souls, my friends,
My songs will swell in melodies, free as the waves...
Free, free, free
Free from all bondage of words.
Has the Hour not yet come for this Majnun?

The evening has just come down upon the shore
And I can see in the fading light the seagulls flying to their nests.
Who knows when the chains will be off,
And the boat, like the last splendid glimmer of sunset,
Vanish into the night of the self and the morning of the Beloved?

Dani, O Dani,
This melting in the Presence,
And this melting presence,
That is Love, yes Love!

Ishq,

{Dani}

No comments: