Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Unfoldment

The Unfoldment

The Unfoldment magnify

In the Name of Allaahu, the Reality, Existence, Presence of Love

Allaahu, Allaahu, Allaahu Haqq!

Welcome home, let us see each other through each other and behold life naked.

One early morning, as a child of the seasons, very much alive at the cradle of life's innocence, I stood on a beach contemplating the nature of existence and that which moves life in secret. There I swallowed the horizon and drank the wine of annihilation. I closed my eyes and let myself slip into the boundless realms which normally lie half-awake and half-asleep within us. And while submerged in the endless depth of the song of the Breath, and driven by the touch of that song upon my spirit, I could see the unseen and hear the unheard. Such was Beauty in its naked form, in its essence. The song had such unspeakable tenderness. Happy and sad feelings didn't really exist any longer in me; all I knew was just deep feelings. Joy and sorrow were married and no longer existed as opposites. Living in the sphere of that song and flowing with its rhythm, I couldn't help but shed joyful tears and release tearful joy. I heard life’s voice and it was like a winged hand upon my soul. This is the song with which truth, beauty, and complexity are "finished" in simplicity and harmony. When I opened my eyes, I perceived the Silent Presence more clearly than the raging waves for the Sea was in its voice.

Allow me to share the fruits of that day here, in this space of imaginations. May the words that I speak quiver in your awareness. Yet these are like unto dust particles in the vast cosmos, easily taken adrift by the wind of fancy and silenced by the Power of the Hidden Presence that sustains them. As such they cannot be compared to the Singular, Inexhaustible, Infinite Reality that pervades my being and non-being. Therefore do not perceive them as veils, but rather consume them and be consumed by them. Be drunk not with the little fragments that seemingly form the chain of Reality's continuity, but rather be drunk with the inward, indivisible Taste of existence itself.

Do not take me as a spiritual guide nor deem me a prophet. I'm still a young fruit, still clinging to the branch, and it seems that it was only yesterday that I was but a blossom conceived by the night. And it seems that it was only yesterday that the sweet melody of the Singular Presence, hidden and manifest in countless realities, woke me up and invited me to the heights of passion. Ya Allaahu, Ya Hu, Ya Haqq, Ya Salaam, Ya Ishq! My longing for You are as the wind that moves the countless waves of Our Sea. In truth, dear friends, We, the Beloved and I, are in celebration. I remain existent only because Hu looks at me from deep within Hu's Self with unspeakable tenderness.

Allow Us to simply present Our song as a song unto the sky and a riddle unto mother earth. What is there between the earth and the sky that might carry away Our song and solve Our mystery save Our own passion?

Fellow travelers, I hear your silence just as I perceive the motion of your stillness. For I am one with the Reality above stillness and motion.

Friends, you do not have to break the symmetry of silence when your hearts desire wordlessness and the Universe it spans. Simply be drunk with that which moves life in secret and stay still until the early dews of a new morning mirror new thoughts to be expressed. What are words but frozen voices that bud and blossom in your deeper selves, in your Sea? When we realize that the Sea is within us, we can always listen to each other's longing. Had I been unable to perceive your silence and stillness, I would still be in quest of the shores of your presence. Though that which is unheard may nurse and deepen our sorrow, yet the same carves the soul to form and fashion its destiny.

Know that between the shores of the oceans and the peak of the highest mountain there is a secret path which we must travel, once we become one with the wind which is older than time's witnessing of events.

And so between our knowledge and our understanding there is a secret path which one must discover before one becomes one with the Beloved, and therefore with all. When that happens, one becomes versed in the art of loving, being, and becoming. This is the essence of Tasawwuf (Sufism). The Sufis are those who perceive Love with the perfection of the Intellect and house it in the domain of surpassing emotional beauty. They are those who have disappeared into the Source and Essence of Being in the Bridal Chamber whose doors are hidden in the flow of the breath. They are those who don the garment of intense Love and Longing, who see Reality (al-Haqq) through Reality's Eye and experience Hu in Secret Intimacy. They are the honey, sugar, cream, intoxicating wine, and living streams of existence. Their way is the the Way of the Sweet Beloved Prophet Muhammad SAW, Lover, Beloved, and Love of al-Haqq 'Azza wa Jalla. Their light with which they perceive things as they really are is the Muhammadan Light, Nur Muhammad, the First Emanation of the Primordial Effulgence.

Dervishes have long realized that they are spirits though they move in bodies, my dear ones, like olive oil that burns in the dark without an apparent source, and they are flames though held in lamps. And many are the lamps but the light is but One. Nurun 'ala Nurin! Light upon Light, Allaahu SWT.

My fellow sojourners, if you were nothing but bodies, then my speaking unto you would be complete emptiness, even as the dead calling to the dead. But this is not so. All that is deathless in us is free unto the day of song and the night of reflection and can never be fettered nor housed. It is enough that you each are my breath and I am yours even as the evening wind shall not be caged nor caught.

In silence, find me with tenderness always. Who shall not allow a silent love to be celebrated? Consume my breath and run into its streams and make love with me in your hearts. This way we shall no longer be as prisoners in a Universe governed by relativity and causality. This way we shall receive life directly from the Naked Essence.

I remain non-existent in the Light of Muhammad, in the Presence of the Reality of realities.

Ishq wa salaam,

{Dani Indranu}

No comments: