Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Little Sufi

The Little Sufi


The Little Sufi magnify

Dear little Sufi,

Daughter of the sun's affection and the ocean's generosity, you have whispered the words of love into my ear with your fragile beauty. I love you so very much too, my dear little butterfly.

Cry, my beloved. For, like soft whisperings, your weeping is a prayer. Your tears are too precious, too sacred for the world to value, but know that the same tears fill my heart. The seasons of your heart are mine too. I know them as my own children. Unmask your sorrow in the Presence of the Beloved and may Hu's serenity embrace you throughout the long nights of your grief. Drink the Intimacy of the Presence, which is your ultimate remedy, in silence and tranquil delight. Pour all of your self into the living Presence and let the dawning of your heart take place once again.

Leave the dumb and the blind alone, my dear butterfly, for they live in shells that enclose their understanding and they know not how to break them. Try not to scorn them back, rather pity them and pray for the expansion of their selves. Surely you know that unbreakable symmetry in the Law of Mercy.

My dear, no one can teach you how to enter the Bridal Chamber, that Invisible Temple, which is your True Home, our Home. But you know how already, O little Sufi. Hu listens not to your words save when Hu utters them in your heart and let your lips echo them. This is the prayer of the seas, this is the orchestra of the mountains and the deep forests. The infinite worlds know that Hu is their Winged Self.

Rise in love again and again. Meet me in the ether, in the stillness that devours this world's days and nights in their passing and let us moisten the Presence with our intoxicated souls. Come, let us make love. Let us unveil Love's Holy Face.

Ya Hu, Ya Haqq, Ya AllaaHu.......

I love You, O Love...

Ishq wa salaam,

{Dani}

No comments: