Sunday, June 17, 2007

Hymn of the Madman

Hymn of the Madman


Hymn of the Madman magnify

Hymn of the Madman


I live very much hidden in the shade of solitude and am a stranger to much of the exterior world, a passing guest... I don't know much about the formal procedure for delivering my message, for divulging the hidden secrets... Tell me just what it is, my love, so that we may save love from a possible inward and outward insult. Tell me just what to do. Maybe you know that this could only be an excuse for my shyness, or that at least this isn't an absolute veil of ignorance. Yes, it is harder to write down in words the memories of those days, those moments of freedom, solitude, happiness, pain, hope, sorrow and misery.

My story... is basically the story of a lofty tree that has withstood both sunshine and storms, that throws its shadow upon a small sapling which shakes before the breeze of dawn.

Has my eternal youth blinded my natural eyes and made me imagine the brightness of your eyes, the sweetness of your mouth, your soothing voice and the grace of your figure, my dear friend? Or is it that you have opened my eyes and shown me the happiness and sorrow of love which comes from the depths of life?

You must but be able to go beyond the trapping of that saying about freedom and being in bondage with someone. True, genuine love, and only genuine love, is the only freedom, above duality and constraint no matter what... It elevates the spirit that the laws of nature and all phenomena of nature can in no way alter its course. Tell me of your desire, of a desired sense of direction. Tell me how to walk together in this procession of love.

Never blame me for the thunder that I am. Though I speak with a stammer, I carry with me the heart of certainty. I precede the rain and, in love, I am the rain. I do recognize the rhythm of my own soul as being at the core of the dynamical content of Nature's mind. I capture whatever moves life in secret between the mind, the shadow and the soul. That which I do in madness does more than enough to utter an alarm of consciousness. I shall pass to you a song I always hear even when I'm asleep. My beauty is in tune with the tranquil night. It covers the sky of imagination, wakes the slumbering earth up and wraps the wounded heart with unspeakable tenderness in its embrace. There I find myself.

Ishq,

{Dani}

No comments: