Sunday, June 17, 2007

Poetry (1)

Poetry (1)

Poetry (1) magnify


BismilLaah ar-Rahmaan ar-Raheem

(In the name of AllaaHu, the Reality of Love, the Source of Love)


Hymn of Intimacy

I am that which is spoken by Silence and sent by Love
to those who harbor their longing to the Beloved alone

I am a riddle for the heaven and the earth
I am a gift from time unto patience
I am the yearning of the reed, the wind, and the sun
I am the loneliness shaken within a wayfarer's heart
I am a curve made by a solitary wounded eagle in the sky
I am the life in every hope and desire
I am the beauty of a mother's compassion

I am life smiling freely upon its own days and nights

I am death's hidden wings
I am life's naked child
I am love's vibration and love's quivering strings at once

I am a raft in the shoreless Ocean of longing
I am certainty in infinity
I am the Wine of Existence,
that longs for thirsty souls and is longed by them

I bring Love in all seasons
to its throne in every lover's heart

I am the hidden depths of silence
Without me, you would never see the sun rise in desolate places
nor would you see the sun set at the end of a happy day's chapter
I am the Silent Presence in the rising and setting sun
I am radiance enthroned on the horizon

I am the bread of life and the taste of existence
I am older than any utterance and orchestra of beauty
I am that which echoes the depths of moments in silence

I whirl so that the winds may become words
I dwell alone in streams that run in secret
and I have overcome the battle in my silence
I speak only life and love

I am that which enfolds both rest and motion in white silence
I am both the spring and the autumn in every lover's breast
I am the river and the valley of the songs made of melting hearts

The Sea follows me as I hide her silence
How else can it be?

Nothing exists between the shores of the oceans but me
The summit of existence hides my secrets
I am the secret path one must find between his knowledge and understanding

By the Presence, I sow Love in the stillness of the night,
By Existence, I reap Love in the wakefulness of the day
I am Love's seeking and finding

I am the austerity and sweetness of love's wine
I am the thorn and scent of Love
I am the Reality of an intoxicated lover
I consume his breath and echo his nakedness
with which I bury him with me, and only with me, in silence

Ishq (Love),

{Dani}


Hymn of the Rain

I was born at the dawn of love
before the starlight and dewdrops were born,
before the day was called radiance,
before the night was called darkness,
before the Real was hidden,
before shadows were called shadows

I long to embrace you in a million ways
I whisper to you in your awareness as if it were an innocent field.
I am that which makes you a dreamer.
But will you recognize love as love?

I am that which you used to know
But I am forgotten in the clouds above.
Allow me to send my winds to take you to the place where
we first began this long, long journey as One

Remember me!

I am a forgotten beat, remember me!

I have met you somewhere, remember me!

I am neither Destiny nor Mystery

I am the Way to Destiny, remember me!

I have met you somewhere, remember me!

The beginnings of songs are by my name

I am the extreme of tears, remember me!

I have met you somewhere, remember me!

In my sight every flower is like a child, the daughter of the seasons

I am all love is all about, remember me!

I have met you somewhere, remember me!

I am ignored by the One I love, whom I cannot ignore

That is why I am drunk with longing, remember me!

I have met you somewhere, remember me!


I am that which soars with the breeze looking for the cure for my ailment,
My coming and going is an eternal tale of union and separation
Only the sensitive can hear me sigh in the void of nowhere

I am that which is written in the bosom of the naked sky:
"The heat of life gives birth to me,
But in turn I kill it,
As a woman overcomes a man
with the strength she takes from him"

My joy is sorrowful
My sorrow is joyful
When I laugh in obscurity, the hills shake in want of my tears,
When I cry in suspension, the plains laugh in gratitude
I am the marriage between rest and motion, agony and thankfulness,
sorrow and joy

I quench the thirst of anyone between the earth and the sky,
yet no one recognizes me,
except the thunder and the mad elements
I am the solitude behind the colorful faces of life and endless memories

Ishq (Love),

{Dani}


The Path of Solitude

"The human heart cries out for help; the human soul implores us for deliverance; but we do not heed their cries, for we neither hear nor understand. But the man who hears and understands we call mad, and flee from him."

I should know by now

It is sufficient to be nurturing isolated depths of quiet

to be home again,

O Beloved

my old garden gate closed

Here I am at home with You

Where I see You through You

and kiss You in Your Name, O Love

Birds are singing in the deep starless night. How come? Not brief warbles but grand and lengthy serenades. How much more shall run murmuring to the Sea of Our lonely Heart, O Beloved?

The annual scattering of sunflowers... Birds are drunk with the seed of love which fosters life’s invisible nucleus… Welcome, O silent flowers, you are more than any gardener's hand could ensure. When you shall grow large enough, an intrepid squirrel shall rush at you, toppling you with a tender snap at the middle of the stern... and a bite of beauty shall be heard...Yet all this shall be taken to the shade of a nearby tree and enjoyed fresh as a gift unto life.

Ah, why do these people think I am crazy? I only have Silence...

Silence...

Silence...

Silence...

Perhaps silence is not to be taken out of one's reflections

Oh my unattended sorrow...

Behold, wordlessness is but life naked

Every day with You, O Beloved, all the truths are welcomed and invited within the heart of silence. Friend, if you want to comprehend Our friendship, then listen to the hymn of the brooks and try to fathom the depths of the Sea. In all that is longing for beauty fulfilled. In all that is unfoldment.

Ask a dust particle in an isolated desert about selflessness. Or a leaf fallen and enflamed at the foot of the raging seasons. Love is indeed Reality.

We sit with the saints and the drunken in the Sacred Cave of the heart...

Enveloped in the silence from which all that heals is born...

This is Our Path.

Ishq (Love),

{Dani}


The Beauty of Death


When I sing the hymn of death

The sky becomes silent, pregnant with violet haze and blue compassion

The scent and music of the unspoken beyond have now brought me to the land of mist

I build my own grave amidst the worldly minds,

I sow the flowers of tomorrow and I look up

And behold my prayers of yesterday and my hope of tomorrow etched in the sky

Silently, my spirit melts and soars above the face of the earth, mercilessly evaporating away

And I become the sky itself.

Limitless, boundless, aware


Ishq (Love),


{Dani}


Hymn of Life


Listen to the child of the silent morning,

How she traces the footprints of time, in which the story of Life lives in scattered fragments.

What is Life but the very breath of Nature,

That which speaks its own silence.

Life was, is and will always be.

For Life forever lives. Only death dies.

What is birth but your true naked self clothed with the garment of man-made values?

And what is death but the garment of worldliness torn into pieces and trampled underfoot?

Birth and death are one in Life’s hand.

They run after each other through all seasons in the flow of Life.

Life’s flow never ends.

How far are we from the great Ocean beneath?

What is a heart beat but the yearning of the tender reed shaken by the wind?

The rhythm which can be sung, is not the eternal rhythm.

But in between the rhtym and the song there lies the mystery of mysteries.

There lies the secret of creation and annihilation.

Of union and separation.

Everywhere, O Beloved,

I look for Your Poetry,

That chain of words, nay the Spirit hidden within spirits,

The Music present in all songs,

which engulfs all the traces of Your Beauty.


Ishq (Love),


{Indranu}


In the Presence


A lover in the Presence of Oneness,
Drunk with the Beauty of the Beloved
In the silence that hides the music that throbs in every lover's heart
...
Remain silent!
Any attempt to describe such intimacy
Will only make it disappear like vapor
...
From now on,
You are the breeze and dawn of love
The fragrance of love
The sigh of love
...
The two strangers have met!
The hidden echo has manifest itself!
The Spirit is ours!
Come let us celebrate Beauty and Dignity!
...
O Sufi, let words of love fall from your lips
Even as morning dew falls from the petals of flowers
And do not be disturbed by the wind!

Ishq (Love),

{Dani}


No comments: