Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Mawlid al-Nabi shalla Allaahu alaihi wa ahli baitihi wa sallam


Beloveds,

O my heart! Who is the One in your longing?
O tears of mine! What on Earth shall encompass your essence?
O my soul! Is this how you return love for love?

I am afraid I am unable to utter anything worth sharing about this
burning Love that I have for the One I love, Master (Sayyid) of Masters,
Leader (Imam) of Leaders, Pole (Qutb) of Poles, Sign (Hujjah) of
Signs, Face (Wajh) of Faces, Light (Nur) of Lights, Soul (Nafs) of
Souls, Sayyidina wa Mawlana Muhammad Nurin min Nurillaah, on his
birthday (mawlid).

This is because among Allaah's servants, I am the one who needs His
Mercy, His Compassion, the most. Indeed, I am the most needy of the
needy. I am the most thankless among His servants. I am the one with
the least Knowledge among those whom He has taught the Knowledge of
Himself. Indeed, I was the most blind of the blind, the most deaf of
the deaf. Had it not been because of the Beauty and the Reality of my
sweet-faced Master, my beloved Qibla, the One called "Ummi"
(indescribable), I would not be here today among you, weaving my own
garment with the threads of sincerity, in the Path of Islaam, the best
of the Paths of Return.

It is enough to reveal the Essence of the Master of existences,
Muhammad, peace be upon him and the people of his household, to those
who are essentially worthy, through the hadith qudsi in which Allaah
Azza wa Jalla says,

"Had it not been because of you, O Muhammad, I would not have created."

It is through you, O my Love,
That I have known Allaah and I see none other than Him,

So that the 'Other' in us is shut out.
Since I realized unity, I no longer fear separation;
This day I have arrived and am united,
With you and you alone, O Beloved,
At your resplendent Station.

Allaah, Allaah, Allaah!

Yaa Huwa yaa man laa Huwa illa Huwa...

Ishq wa salaam,

Dani


SALAWAT AT-THARIQAT


Allahumma salli salatan kamilatan wa sallim salaman tamman
O Allah shower perfect blessings and complete graces

`ala sayyidina Muhammadini-Lladhi tanhallu bihi-l-`uqadu
upon our master Muhammad, the one by whom all knots are untied,

wa tanfaraju bihi-l-qurabu wa tuqda bihi-l-hawaij
all needs are cared for, and all ultimate desires are realized;

wa tunalu bihi-r-ragha'ib wa husna-l-hawatimi
by whom one reaches the most beautiful of goals,

wa yustasqa-l-ghamamu bi wajhi-l-karim
and for whose beautiful and noble countenance the clouds pour rain,

wa `ala alihi wa sahbihi
and (may blessings be) upon his noble family and companions

fi kulli lamhatin wa nafasin
at every blink of every eye and with every breath,

bi `adadi kulli ma`lumin laka
in numbers known only to You.

***

Allahumma salli
O Allah shower your grace

‘ala dh-dhati-l-Muhammadiyya-l-latifa-l-ahadiyya
upon the subtle Unity of the Muhammadan Essence,

shamsi sama’i-l-asrar
the Sun in the Heavens of Secrets

wa madhhari-l-anwar
and Locus of Manifestation of Lights,

wa markaz madari-l-jalal
the Center of the Orbit of Majesty

wa qutbi falak al-jamal
and the Pole of the Spheres of Beauty

Allahumma bi-sirrihi Ladayka
O Allah by his secret that is in Your Presence

wa bi-sayrihi ‘ilayka
and by his journeying toward You,

Amin khawfi wa-aqil ‘athrati
safeguard me from my fear and eradicate my offense

wa-dhhib huzni wa hirsi
and take away my sadness and my avarice.

wa-kun li wa-khudhni ‘Ilayka minni
Exist for me, and take me to You from myself

wa-Rzuqni-l-fana’ ‘anni
and sustain me with passing away (fana’) from myself

wa la taj‘alni maftunan bi-nafsi
and do not let me be captivated by my self (nafs)

mahjuban bi-hissi
nor veiled by my feelings (or senses)

wa-kshif li ‘an kulli sirrin maktumin
and reveal to me every preserved secret,

Ya Hayyu Ya Qayyum
O Life! O Self-Manifesting and Timeless One!

***

Allahumma-j`al afdala salawatika abadan
O Allah, bestow Your most gracious blessings eternally,

wa anma barakatika sarmadan
and Your most bountiful favors everlastingly,

wa azka tahiyyatika fadlan wa `adadan
and Your choicest salutations graciously and abundantly,

`ala ashrafi-khalai'iqi-l-insaniyyati
upon the most noble of humanity,

wa majma`i-l-haqa'iqi-imaniyyati
the Union of all Realities of Faith,

wa turi-t-tajalliyyati-l-ihsaniyyati
the Mount Sinai of the Unveiling of Spiritual Perfection,

wa mahbiti-l-asrari-r-Rahmaniyyati
the Cradle of the Mysteries of Divine Mercy,

wa `arusi-l-mamlakati-r-Rabbaniyyati
the Bridegroom of Sublime Sovereignty,

wa wasitati `iqdi-n-nabiyyin
Center Jewel of the Necklace of Prophecy,

wa muqaddami jayshi-l-mursalin
Captain of the Army of the Messengers,

wa qa'idi rakbi-l-anbiya'i-l-mukarramin
Leader of the Company of Ennobled Prophets,

wa afdali-l-khalqi ajma`in
Most Excellent of All Creation,

hamili liwa'i-l-`izzi-l-a`la
Bearer of the Banner of Highest Glory,

wa maliki azimmati-l-majdi-l-asna
Holder of the Reigns of Resplendent Dignity,

shahidi asrari-l-azal,
Witness to Eternal Mysteries,

wa mushahidi anwari sawabiqi-l-uwali,
Beholder of Pre-eternal Lights,

wa tarjumani lisani-l-qidam,
Interpreter of the Language of Eternity,

wa manba`i-l-`ilmi wa-l-hilmi wa-l-hikam
Source of Knowledge, Gentleness and Wisdom,

mazhari sirri-l-judu-l-juz'iyyi wa-l-kulliyyi
Revealer of the Secret of Overflowing Generosity both partial (in this
world) and universal (in the Hereafter),

wa insani `ayni-l-wujudi-l-`ulwiyyi wa-s-sufliyyi
Pupil of the Eye of Existence, both heavenly and earthly,

ruhu jasadi-l-kawnayn (recite 3 times, drawing hands over face each time)
Soul of the Bodies of Both Realms...

wa `ayni (kiss tips of forefingers and with them caress eyelids)
hayati-d-darayn
Eye...of the Life of Both Worlds,

al-mutahaqqiqi bi-a`la rutabi-l-`ubudiyyati
Realizer of the Highest Degrees of Servanthood,

wa-l-mutakhalliqi bi-akhlaqi-l-maqamati-l-istifa'iyyati
Holder of the Virtues of the Chosen Stations,

al-khalili-l-a`zam wa-l-habibi-l-akram
the Supreme Intimate Friend and most noble Beloved,

sayyidina Muhammadi-bni `Abdi-Llahi-bni `Abdi-l-Muttalib
our Master, Muhammad, son of Abdullah, the son of Abd al-Muttalib.

wa `ala sa'iri-l-anbiya'i wa-l-mursalin
And O Allah, bless the other Prophets and Messengers,

wa `ala mala'ikatika-l-muqarrabin
the angels near Your Throne,

wa `ala `ibadi-Llahi-s-salihin
and the righteous servants of Allah—

min ahli-s-samawati wa ahli-l-aradina
those among the people of the heavens and the people of the earths.

kullama dhakaraka-dh-dhakirun
Bless them whenever the rememberers remember You,

wa ghafala `an dhikrika-l-ghafilun
and whenever the heedless neglect Your remembrance,

wa sallim wa radiya-Llahu
and greet them with Peace, and may Allah be pleased

`an ashabi rasuli-Llahi ajma`in
with all the Companions of the Messenger of Allah.

[The salawat taken from the wird of Hazrat `Abd al-Qadir Jailani, may Allaah
sanctify his secret.]

No comments: