Saturday, July 7, 2007

Love’s Unseen Strings

Love’s Unseen Strings

Love’s Unseen Strings magnify

Love’s Unseen Strings

By Sana and Dani

One night, two souls found each other enflamed with the midnight stream and trembling before the sighing of the wind. They were shadowless before Love’s Holy Face. They were in the spring of Love’s youthful glory and they took upon themselves Love’s garment of countless moonbeams, and they filled the wind with the hues of dawn. In reality their serenade was sung by Love’s unseen strings.

Thus spoke the two souls that saw each other through each other, heard Love’s waves uttered through their mad utterances, and perceived each other through the charm of Love’s wine:

Drink unto me my love and be drunk tonight. (Spoke the wine glass)

I shall drink the wine from the cups that your lips are, my love, but do not blame me if Love, even Love, surrenders to our Reality. (Spoke the dervish)

Rest your hearts' anchor into my arms, for life has journeyed too long, the moon asks for a lullaby, tonight I shall sing you a song.

I have rested mine into your arms, indeed, and life's journey has been folded, the moon is shy before your face, everywhere I turn I see my non-existence.

I shall be thine verse, O master, O lover of earth; the hour of longing is naught but an unenduring curse.

Indeed you are the verse that spans the worlds. The hour has come. O daughter of Love, utter the words and the winds shall disperse, for what shyness shall not persist when seeing Love's unpainted face and hearing Love's unsung song that you are?

I breathe your existence and countless breaths perish at once, O Love!

Beauty is thine, I sold my soul for Love's wine, contain me O traveler, I am an over-spilled cup.

My dear cup, the portion of that wine which you have spilled in your innocence has left its trace in the Traceless. Flow with me, no explanation, no proof, no signs, no conviction, Love and only Love, every station is where Love makes Hu's Self known... Let the passing pass, but we are single in Essence, therefore contain me, contain me, and simply let Love dazzle you.

I come unexpected - the breeze from a distant shore - I who knows no belonging - who has no home.

This is our Home, O beloved, and it takes not a single finger to point at it! Here, here, here. The breeze was born here, and was but your own shyness on Love's First Day.

Look at your own mirror then in it, from it, and for Love's own sake look beyond the proof that you exist, O Love. There is no need for you to become conscious of yourself... You're home... and behold, no windows, no doors, unless you will them, so that others may look into your reality from within themselves.

The silent falling into this embrace, infinite moments of your love's tender gaze shall beset me with a timeless crown, of imperial depths that know no bounds - what shall I repay thee with? I the pebble under thy feet.

O you, your heart knows not a distant land that is not afflicted with longing... Love's pinions are ready to wound you. My feet are yours, look how they bleed... Trust affection, Love's Mother and Child, or just come and behead the shadowy nightingale that I am and deem it non-existent, for you and only you must remain when you have discovered the center of nothingness.

It is enough that you utter a word for you are but Love gazing at herself, pleased with whatever expression she uses to respond to her own Reality.

Come hither and taste my wine, and fill your heart with gladness.

Your song has submerged me in the resonance that robs every lover of his own life...

I am the kiss that lives in every lover's madness, between our lips there is a jasmine fragrance. Unfold yourself my evening magic, rise, rise from your ashes.

Ah! The fragrance that visits me in my melting state... Ah! it comes from the spring of springs, its aromatic scent stolen from Hu without the intention to do so.

I shall indeed be the magic that weaves your existence without a loom... And there I am, I am home, I am home, and behold you're telling me stories of make-belief which have been sung by the silence of eternity.

Jamal, Jamal... how come you are you? Did you steal my private moments in the Name of the Uninvited Guest? Layla... O Night... you are the Veil and the Reality at once!

One thousand and one nights will not suffice for the story I have to tell, take me beyond the measure of time, and I will reveal my eternal well.

Pour out a river of words and fill your empty pages, my heart is the ink and love is my wealth.

O dear, if your heart is the ink, then indeed my heart shall not refuse to capture your essence in its soil, which is but rain used to carve Love’s longings into the Earth and shall grow countless forests in it, after the thundering echoes made by Love and only Love is the Orator of things.

We are in the Kingdom where only Our Presence matters! Do whatever it is you desire to do, for your desires are made of sunlight and living streams that are weightless above the atmosphere that has given birth to that which is called denseness.

Thou art the mirror of my soul's visage, reflecting the beauty of thine own image.

My image is but thine own surrender! My soul, which is but thine own, is but a spark that needs not return to its source for it carries with it everything there is in existence.

"Do not rob me of myself", says the shadow whom the world calls the Devil, but Love says unto you in the middle of nowhere, "I am all yours". No borders exist between us for there is simply no between, yet here is Our Garden, flow, flow, flow with motions that house all silences and restlessness.

I am from thee, and thou art from me - what more shall I say, perchance these words might not contain this unity.

Indeed, your sayings are but the desires in my sighing. Behold, there is nothing to behold for the others, except it becomes a wing for them to reach the summits of existence and be no more.

O people! Behold such an awful Loveliness. They sought not Love’s ghosts but called upon Love’s poisonous wine which the nocturnal birds drink and by which the trees blossom. Their sole instrument were the strings of spontaneity, Life’s unquiet messenger.

No comments: